Artist Entrepreneurs: Course 2: Module 3 – Marketing for Artists
As an artist, you probably would prefer to be spending your time creating rather than promoting. What are some of the ways that you can promote, and how can you do so most efficiently and hopefully, effectively?
In this week’s release of the Art Force Academy Artist Entrepreneur Program, Director of Art Services, Leslie Palmer-Ross dives into the “weighty” topic of marketing for artists. It’s not uncommon for artists to just want to create their work. It’s their passion and the fuel that drives their art business. But as we’ve learned time and again in our interviews with artist entrepreneurs, marketing is the flip side of the coin that ultimately helps put money in the bank!
While it may not be your favorite pursuit, the more you learn about marketing your work, the more work you can ultimately create. This module will give you some high level ideas about where to invest your energy to make a lasting imprint on your niche market.
- Your personal “brand”
- In the modern world, each artist must develop and protect their own personal brand
- How can you manage and elevate your personal brand?
- Perception is reality. What reality are you hoping to create?
- How do you raise awareness or directly sell your work online?
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- How can you work on your keyword strategy?
- Should you focus on highly targeted or general keywords?
- Digital Environments
- How are you planning on digitally portraying your work for different digital environments?
- Plan for mobile and desktop!
- This can be a useful tool for SEO
- It can also help lift your brand presence and promote relationships
- Social Media Best Practices